WHO ARE WE
Romanian Rescue Appeal (also referred to here as “we”, “us”, “our”, and “the charity”) is a UK registered charity with number 1161037.
Our mission is to provide shelter, food, veterinary care, and a safe environment to dogs we rescue from the street and public shelters in Romania, until we find them homes in the UK where they can be adopted.
To facilitate this, we publish and gather information on this website which we own and operate (also referred to here as “site” and “portal”) made accessible at the URL www.romanianrescueappeal.uk, on electronic wallets and on social media platforms that we do not own.
WHAT DATA DO WE COLLECT
When you contact us, we may ask you for any or all of the following:
- Your full name
- Your date of birth
- Your full or partial address
- Your postcode
- Your phone number
- Your email address
- Any details about the property you own or reside at
We do not collect any special categories of personal data, as defined in the GDPR. Our services are not aimed at children.
HOW DO WE COLLECT YOUR DATA
We collect your personal data when:
- you complete a contact form on this website,
- when you contact us on social media,
- when you make a donation to the charity,
- when you send us an email inquiry, or
- when you call us by phone or other voice recording or transmitting channel.
No automated decision making, as defined in the GDPR, is applied by us to your inquiry. Our skilled and trained volunteers and trustees process your personal data and decide on the suitability of applicants for adoption and foster of our dogs.
WHAT DO WE USE YOUR DATA FOR
Below is a list of the purposes your personal data is collected and processed for and the legal basis for processing as defined in the GDPR:
- To respond to an inquiry or request for services and/or to administer our services – our legitimate interest balances with your interests.
- To fulfil an order for merchandise, items purchased at an auction sponsored by the charity, and any other goods we may sell from time to time – our legitimate interest balances with your interests.
- To maintain records of prospective, current and past adopters and foster carers of our dogs, our suppliers, our donors – our legitimate interest balances with your interests.
- To regularly communicate with current and past adopters and foster carers of our dogs – for the performance of a contract or agreement.
HOW LONG DO WE HOLD YOUR DATA FOR
We will only retain personal data for as long as it is necessary to fulfil the purposes we are using it for. How long we retain personal data will vary depending on the purposes it is used for:
- Legitimate interest – we will generally hold your personal data up until two years after the termination date of our interest in order to fulfil any requests for data from you.
- Performance of a contract or agreement – we will generally hold your personal data up until five years after the termination date of the contract or agreement in order to fulfil any requests for data from you.
All personal data will be destroyed or disposed off in a secure way.
HOW DO WE KEEP YOUR DATA SAFE
We take the protection of your personal data very seriously and we take measures to insure that access is granted to as little people as possible to fulfil the purpose of collecting it.
We only share your personal data via password protected applications and where possible store it on encrypted databases. Where we do not store your personal data ourselves, we only use services and applications that apply procedures as strict as ours or stricter. Where such service providers are located outside of the EEA we have additional contractual arrangements in place.
WHAT RIGHTS DO YOU HAVE
As per GDPR, you have the following rights with regards to your personal data:
- Access: You have the right to request from us a copy the personal data we may hold about you and the purposes for which we are using it in a digital format. We may ask for proof of your identity prior to completing such a request. We will endeavour to respond to you as soon as possible, at most within one calendar month, and where we need additional time to complete your request we will inform you within one calendar month of receipt of the request.
- Rectification: You have the right to request that we amend any personal data which is incorrect or out of date.
- Erasure: You have the right to request that we delete any personal information pertaining to you. We will assess any deletion request and either personal data is no longer necessary for the purpose which it was originally collected or processed for, you object to the processing of your data, and there is no overriding legitimate interest, or we have to erase it to comply with the Data Protection Law or any other law.
HOW CAN YOU ASK QUESTIONS AND MAKE COMPLAINTS
May you wish to make a complaint on our personal data processing practices and policy in relation to the use and storage of your personal data, you can do so by email at email@example.com stating you are willing to make a formal complaint. Your complaint will be passed on to a senior volunteer within the charity and/or escalated to a trustee where applicable and we will aim to respond to you within a month.
May you not be satisfied with the way we handled your complaint you have the right to contact the Information Commissioner’s Office.
WHO DO WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL DATA WITH
We will not share your personal data with any third parties for them to use for marketing purposes.
We may share your personal data with donors of items you won at auctions sponsored by the charity in order for them to deliver those items to you.
We may share your personal data with authorities such as DEFRA (Department of the Environment, Fisheries and Rural Affairs) and APHA (Animal & Plant Health Agency) for all purposes required by the law when you foster or adopt one of our dogs.
We may share your personal data with DEFRA-approved kennels to ensure they can identify you when you collect a dog you have adopted or taken for foster from them.
We may share your personal details with Pettrac in order to register you as the owner of a dog you have adopted or taken for foster from us.
Date 25 May 2018.